What is the difference between COVID-19 PCR test, antigen test, and antibody test?
There are two different types of tests available for COVID-19 – diagnostic
tests and antibody tests.
- A diagnostic test can show if you have an active coronavirus infection and should take steps to quarantine or isolate yourself from others. Currently there are two types of diagnostic tests– molecular tests, such as RT-PCR tests (Gold Standard), that detect the virus’s genetic material, and Antigen tests that detect specific proteins from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- An antibody test looks for IgG & IgM antibodies that are naturally made by your immune system in response to a threat, such as the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Antibodies can help fight infections. Antibodies can take several days or weeks to develop after you have an infection and may stay in your blood for several weeks or more after recovery
The WHO recommends both RT-PCR tests and Antigen tests for the diagnosis of active coronavirus infection.
Please visit the US FDA page for more information about Coronavirus Testing Basics.
What are the different type of tests?
Antigen response occurs very early on; often even before symptom onset. Detected by the Eon Rapid Antigen test using a nasal swab in 15mins
IgM Antibody fights the virus . Detected by the Eon Rapid Antibody test using 2 drops of blood from a finger prick in 15mins
IgG Antibody indicates immunity. Detected by the Eon Rapid Antibody test using 2 drops of blood from a finger prick in 15mins
Confirmatory test is an Eon PCR test using a nasal swab performed by a certified and approved laboratory in your community
Quantitative Test is performed by Eon ELISA quantitative blood test in a certified and approved Lab. It provides a very Precise measurement of viral load in the body
Are the tests certified?
All our tests possess CE approval. The tests are manufactured in certified
facilities that comply with WHO-GMP, ISO 13485:2016, ISO 9001:2015
- The tests have not been reviewed by the US FDA.
- Negative results do not preclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection. If an acute infection is suspected, direct testing for SARS-CoV-2 is necessary.
- Results from antibody testing should not be used to diagnose or exclude acute SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Positive results may be due to past or present infection with non-SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus strains, such as coronavirus HKU1, NL63, OC43, or 229E.
What is the availability of the products?
Eon Tests are available for shipping NOW. Contact our Sales team for a quote.
Please email : firstname.lastname@example.org